We are thrilled to introduce the first of of three...Read More
Meet the team
Meet the team - Kieran Spitzer
Welcome to our “Meet The Axon Team” series!
The Axon family is made up of exceptionally talented team members with a single mission: to empower people to secure their financial future through education, coaching, and mentoring in the property sector.
No, this isn’t déjà vu. Our rapid expansion continues as our six year anniversary is right around the corner. This week, we welcome the last of our recent hiring spree, Kieran! He’s bringing over six years of in-house marketing experience to his role at Axon, having previously worked for a start-up spirits company, wholesale candles supplier, and forensic accounting firm.
His first two weeks have been fast-paced, but he’s enjoyed taking the time to answer our questions, conquering his fear of being the centre of attention…
We asked Kieran 12 questions, so you can get to know more about him:
1. Favourite quote:
“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky – Michael Scott”
– Kieran Spitzer
2. What do you like about working at Axon?
Well, it’s only been two days of being a part of the Axon Family, and I feel like I could write an essay. Family is typically an overused word in the business community, but this company has every right to use it proudly. Upper management is generous with their time and offers a level of approachability I have yet to see in my professional career, and that philosophy has been embraced by the rest of the team. Work hard, play hard is another cliché, but Axon practices what they preach.
3. If you could write your own job title that best describes what you do here, what would it be?
4. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?
I love being active and moving my body. Some of my preferred hobbies are golf, ice hockey, soccer, tennis, spikeball, and frisbee. I’m also quite well-versed in board games as my love of video games slowly fades with my increasing age. I WILL beat you in Catan.
5. What’s the strangest talent you have?
Rock, paper, scissors. It isn’t a game of luck; it’s psychological warfare. I learned the best strategy in a Game Theory course at University. Oh, and I can also do a mean loon call.
6. What is your favourite tv series?
Community. This show has a special place in my heart despite its 4th season.
7. What are your top 5 favourite Podcasts/Books?
- The entire Harry Potter series (books)
- Why We Sleep (book)
- City of Thieves (book)
- How Did This Get Made (podcast)
- 32 Thoughts (podcast)
8. What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream?
I’m not unique – mint chocolate chip.
9. What are three things still left on your bucket list?
- Travel through South-America
- Become a scratch golfer
- Learn to play 1000 Miles by Vanessa Carlton on piano
10. If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?
11. The zombie apocalypse is coming; who are 3 people you want on your team?
- Robbie Turner (I’ve just met this man, but I already know he’ll have an action plan)
- Dwayne Johnson
- Somebody I can outrun
12. If you were a wrestler, what would your entrance theme song be?
I Touch Myself by Divinyls