Welcome to our "Meet The Team" series!
The Axon family is made of exceptionally talented team members that have a single mission: to empower people to secure their financial future through education, coaching and mentoring in the property sector.
Out of our 14 team members, ten of them are Veterans. Our experience within the Defence community gives us a unique ability to provide strategic guidance and education for ADF members. And one of these experienced hard-working team members is James Wilkinson.
James is one of our newest Property Specialists on the Axon Team and our resident “Tech Support” (even though that’s not actually his job). James served for an incredible 16 and a half years, first in the Corps of Signals before moving to Intelligence. James completed his transition out of the ADF this year and has fit into the Axon team so perfectly we can’t remember what it was like without our resident “tech support expert”.
We asked him 12 questions so you all get to know him a little bit better:
- Favourite quote - A Hundred percent - More of an idiosyncrasy
- What do you like about working at Axon? Having windows in my office is always a big plus for me from working in enclosed rooms for so long in Defence.
- If you could write your own job title that best describes what you do here, what would it be? Super Tech Support.
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? Cooking and camping on the beach and getting beaten up by my 4 year old.
- What’s the strangest talent you have? I can read words and sentences backward. I can also type one thing whilst having a conversation with someone at the same time - my brain is wired wrong.
- What is your favourite series on Netflix? I had to ask my wife this question and she came up with the same answer - I don’t watch netflix because the kids always hog the TV.
- Your top 3 favourite Podcasts/Books? Axons Unleashed. Axons Unleashed. Axons Unleashed.
- What’s your favourite flavour of ice cream? There is only one flavour ice cream - Choc chip mint, don’t try and convince me otherwise.
- What are three things still left on your bucket list? Travel the Gibbs River Road (cancelled last year, thanks COVID!), Visit Machu Picchu and buy myself a Bar Crusher!
- If you could have any superpower, which would you choose? Mind reader - but not like Mel Gibson in What Women Want - more like Professor X so I can turn it on and off when I like
- The zombie apocalypse is coming, who are 3 people you want on your team? Jabba the Hut - he can be the bait for the rest of us to run away
- If you were a wrestler what would be your entrance theme song? “Why Can’t be Friends?”