Catch up with Robbie and Clint as they talk about old friends, war-stories and most importantly the lessons learned in the ADF that formed the culture of their leadership on the Axons Unleashed Podcast.
ADF HOUSING INVESTMENT PROPERTY: SUCCESS STORY #3
This week’s success story is near and dear to our hearts as we helped Dan’s sister get started in the property sector.
Investment Property Success Story Details:
- Purchase price: $476,000
- Grants & exemptions received: FHOG ($15,000), HomeBuilder ($25,000), FHLDS (LMI saving of $9,000), Stamp duty exemption ($6,500) = $55,500
- Land Settlement: 16 December 2020
- Build Complete: 10 August 2021
- Holding Cost (P&I rates as an owner occupier): $1,600pm
- Est. Value (as at September 2021): $550,000
- Est. rent return (likely WEF August 2022): $540pw
- Cash flow when turned into an investment property (P&I repayments): $40pw positive cash flow
Complete Our Free ADF Training!
HOW TO BE A PROPERTY OWNER WITH YOUR ADF HOUSING ENTITLEMENTS: DHOAS, HPAS & HPSEA
Karl Schwantes, an Army Officer Veteran & a leader in the jewellery world and the wider community joins us on the Axons Unleashed Podcast.
Just two years on, their PPOR has risen in value by ~$200K even after buying it for ‘lifestyle reasons’ rather than ‘wealth creation’ reasons. Not only have they enjoyed the experience of building 2 houses, but the accompanying $370K of net growth over the 2 properties is also a stellar result!
Is Defence Housing investing right for you? It’s not for everyone. Learn the difference between regular and DHA investing here.