We are thrilled to introduce the first of of three recent hires, Kat, who has joined our fast growing Build Support team. She’s bringing four years of experience in the administrative field that has instilled in her a passion for delivering exceptional support and fostering seamless communication. Yup, we can attest to that!
ADF HOUSING INVESTMENT PROPERTY: SUCCESS STORY #3
This week’s success story is near and dear to our hearts. You have heard us talk about having skin in the game before & this really rams home how much we walk the walk when it comes to not only location selection but also strategies to enter the market.
Investment Property Success Story Details:
- Purchase price: $476,000
- Grants & exemptions received: FHOG ($15,000), HomeBuilder ($25,000), FHLDS (LMI saving of $9,000), Stamp duty exemption ($6,500) = $55,500
- Land Settlement: 16 December 2020
- Build Complete: 10 August 2021
- Holding Cost (P&I rates as an owner occupier): $1,600pw
- Est. Value (as at September 2021): $550,000
- Est. rent return (likely WEF August 2022): $540pw
- Cash flow when turned into an investment property (P&I repayments): $40pw positive cash flow.
- Strategy and planning is critical – spend time on this and get it right before you start shopping.
- The modern way of getting into the market sometimes requires support from your family – accept this as the new normal.
- Choose the right location, then get the right property within your planning parameters.
- You don’t need to have a huge block of land anymore. If you have proximity to amazing community facilities, you can use them instead.
Ready to work with a team that puts into action all those things that they talk about and has some skin in the game.
Complete Our Free ADF Training!
HOW TO BE A PROPERTY OWNER WITH YOUR ADF HOUSING ENTITLEMENTS: DHOAS, HPAS & HPSEA
Back in March ‘21, Amy was introduced to us by another client. (The constant referrals within our community are humbling to be involved in!). She was a Learning Development Coordinator, not in the ADF. She was coachable and definitely needed some assistance in the whole process.
She had been diligent with her money habits and mindset, with a good amount of savings under her belt. However, we needed to put a plan in place for her to keep saving so the acquisition of her first property was done in a sensible way. This happens all the time. The fact she had financial milestones to reach helped her immensely in getting there!
We first met R&K in Aug 2020. They wanted to secure their financial future using property. Posted to Wagga (R was an RI at Kapooka and K was a civvie Dental Assistant), after a series of coaching sessions, we implemented a plan and strategy for them to acquire IP#1. That $457K property was built without any issues in 2021. Happy days, a good start for R&K.
M&V are a double-defence couple posted to RAAF AMB in Brisbane. After watching our educational videos, they came to us in March 2021. They needed guidance on all things money management and proven strategies to follow.
In their own words, 𝘈𝘹𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘱 𝘶𝘴 𝘣𝘺 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘤𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘭𝘦𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘴 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨/𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘈𝘋𝘍 𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴. Yep, that sums up what we specialise in!
This inspirational young lady came to us way back in June 2021 at age 20! 20! Already possessing great money habits and a desire for success, she had an openness to learn how to invest the right way. Ella was remarkably clear about what she wanted to achieve and knew that she needed to seek guidance from professionals to ‘force multiply’ her well-established position. With the deposit and cost already saved and a yearning to move with a sense of purpose towards her goals, it was time to put a plan and a strategy in place to set her on an even greater path to success.
This is a success story that everyone should be inspired by!
After being referred to us through a mate who had built a house with 🙌 Axon, we first met Phil in March 2022. He is a single RAAF Pilot posted to Newcastle, loving life with his mates and regularly flying high-end platforms.
Phil had been brought up in a family that values education around money and wealth. (Yep, that’s also something that you should all be inspired by: “intergenerational wealth”). To his credit, Phil applied himself and came to us in a 💪 strong position (cash and shares). But, having this is never enough to be successful.